Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Tandy 2000
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Tandy 2000
Tandy 2000 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
When I try to load GT1900 on my Tandy 2000, I get this message: BLINKER 1201 : unable to find overlay file in the current PATH

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks
rmartin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tandy 2000 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Have no idea. What OS are you running? You need to give as much info, like OS, ram, ETC.
rdfig
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Prison Board BBS Location: Mesquite, Tx Birthday: 04/28

Re:Tandy 2000 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Have you tried editing your CONFIG.SYS as I suggested in e-mail?

You probably do not have FILES set. You just need to edit the file C:\CONFIG.SYS and add a line "FILES=30" or if that doesnt do it "FILES=50".

Thanks,

Neofree
Neofree
graphgraph

The operating system is MS-DOS 2.11 and RAM is 768k but I don't think it has anything to do with that. Yes, I tried changing CONFIG.SYS files=30 up to 50 and that didn't work. I am running an older version of GT-POWER now, GTOF1550 wich has a fossil driver for the Tandy 2000. The program runs fine but when I want to dial a phone number, it asks me for com, Baud, parity and stop bits. I don't know what these settings mean, except for Baud.
Thanks.
rmartin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2008/11/19 20:29 By rmartin.

I don't think you can just have GT "manually" dial into a system...that you need to set up each individual phone directory entry (Alt-D). I ran GT for over 13 years as a dial-up BBS, and don't remember a manual entry method, as it were...but if there is a way to do it, it escapes me right now.

The settings with baud, stop bits, and parity, are usually 8, N, 1, in that order...I know very few BBS's that ran on something else. The comport is whatever serial port your dial-up modem is using (1-4).

The new version will be an extension of GT19 (the last one released by original author Paul Meiners in 1994), with telnet access, among other things. While I've had to integrate several third party utilities to make GT do what I want, future versions may have these features, making those unnecessary...but that's down the road. At any rate, I applaud Neofree for taking on the task of reviving GT Power.
Wx1der
Senior Boarder
graph
Gender: Male The Thunderbolt A Weather Wonder wx1der wx1der Location: Little Rock, Arkansas Birthday: 03/22
Last Edit: 2008/11/20 01:20 By Wx1der.
Daryl Stout, WX1DER, Sysop
The Thunderbolt BBS, Little Rock, Arkansas
We analyze data, forecasts, and text...
But wonder what weather will happen next.

Re:Tandy 2000 10 Years ago Karma: 1
Don't know what to tell you.. Blinker (the thing that gave you the error) has been removed in the first Beta 1 of 19.01. The error you are getting can actually be simply Googled, as GT isnt the only program to use Blinker. My search found that FILES might be too low. You might be able to google further and find another solution. Other then that, I'd wait for 19.01 to be released. I hope to have it out by 12/31 if possible.

What CPU does the Tandy 2000 have? That's a 286 right?

Please keep in mind the 19.xx series is most likely the last to support such old hardware. I am doing all my development and testing in Windows XP. At some point it will only be supported in 32-bit Windows, and eventually other modern OS's as well (Mac, Linux).

Thanks,

Tom
Neofree
graphgraph

Re:Tandy 2000 10 Years ago Karma: 1
COM port is probably either 1 or 2. It is the port that your modem is installed on, and that you will be making outgoing calls on.

Be sure you have your GTPATH set in your AUTOEXEC.BAT or GT batch file.
Michael
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
(C) Copyright 2008 by Tom Watt.